Collaborative Projects Make Better Communities
If you’re an individual, group, or business with a good idea for a community-driven initiative, Bowen Island Municipality wants to hear from you.
We want to help enable small-scale or early-stage collaborative projects and provide guidance on how to get your idea off to a strong start.
What’s a collaborative project?
It’s infrastructure or an initiative intended for public use or participation for community enjoyment and/or service enhancements.
What are some recent examples?
- The expansion at Bowen Children’s Centre
- The new park at Athletic Field
- The proposed playground at Arbutus Ridge
- The proposed bike park behind BICS
What are the key project criteria?
- Consistent with the Official Community Plan and related Municipal Master Plans
- Meets community needs and has demonstrated community support
- Describes the roles and responsibilities of all parties (including the Municipality)
- Identifies benefits, costs, and risks, both short and long term
What are my next steps?
- Read the Collaborative Projects Policy.
- Complete the Collaborative Project Pre-application.
- Work with municipal staff to refine your idea and develop a proposal.
- Consider talking with individual council member(s) to introduce your idea.
- Present your project proposal in a delegation.
What is a delegation?
It’s your opportunity to meet in person with Municipal Council. Presenters often prepare a simple, informative slideshow or handout. To request a delegation time, email email@example.com at least 10 days before your desired meeting date. Generally, only one delegation is scheduled for each meeting. (See Bowen Island Municipality Procedure Bylaw No. 111, 2004.)
Shauna Jennings, Manager of Community Services
firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-947-4255