Mayor's Standing Committee on Community Lands
Purpose of the Committee:
- To ensure community benefits result from the Community Lands.
- To develop a high-level overview of the best uses of the Community Lands.
- To review the characteristics of specific areas of the lands and relate those characteristics to utilization of the lands and their marketability.
- To identify lands that should remain in a land bank for future community use.
- To help set priorities and a timeline for the sale of some of the lands.
- To identify a target for funds to be raised from the sale of some of the lands.
- From the sale of some of the lands, to pay down some of the debt incurred to purchase the lands.
- From the sale of some of the lands, to secure funds to support the development of community amenities.
- To support the mayor in developing recommendations for council consideration.
- Mayor Murray Skeels, Chair
- David Riddell
- Councillor Gary Ander
- Councillor Maureen Nicholson
- Kathy Lalonde, CAO (Staff Liaison)
- John Reid*
To contact the Mayor's Standing Committee on Community Lands, please email: MSCCL@bimbc.ca.
Housing on Bowen (August 2016)