Volunteer recruitment is conducted in January or February each year.
Volunteer recruitment for 2022 closed on February 24, 2022
Becoming a volunteer firefighter takes time, effort and dedication. However, the benefits of saving lives and making Bowen Island a safer place is worth every minute and every ounce of effort. Please review the information below to learn about becoming a firefighter. Apply if you want to dedicate your time, skills, and physical ability to helping your community.
- be 19 years of age or older
- live on Bowen Island
- have a valid BC driver’s license
- be willing to undergo a criminal background check
- be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination status
Firefighters are expected to:
- be available and willing to be called out at any time
- be willing to undergo training for first responder medical situations, in addition to firefighting
- be willing to do online firefighting knowledge courses
- attend a minimum of 66% of training practices
- attend a minimum of 25% of all calls
Please read the following:
If you are interested in joining our team and serving the community, read the application form.
If you have any questions please call the fire department at (604) 947-9324.