The Emergency Program plans for the response to and recovery from emergencies and disasters in order to help to protect the health and safety of Bowen Island residents.
In March of 2017, Council passed Bowen Island Municipality Emergency Program Regulatory Bylaw No.428, 2016, which established an emergency program within the Municipality. This by law outlines the responsibilities of council, the Emergency Program Committees, and the Emergency Program Coordinator, and establishes response guidelines.
The Bowen Island Emergency Program includes the following core volunteer programs:
Emergency Program Reference Documents
- Bowen Island Municipality Emergency Program Regulatory Bylaw #428, 2016
- Bowen Island Emergency Management Plan 2007
- Bowen Island Emergency Management Plan 2007 Appendices
- Bowen Island Hazard Risk and Vulnerability Assessment (HRVA) 2007
- BC Emergency Program Act and Regulations
- JIBC Guide to the Emergency Program Act
- BC Guidelines for Declaring a State of Emergency, 2011
- BC Evacuation Operational Guidelines 2009