Purpose of the Commission:
The purpose of the Heritage Commission is to provide advice to Council on heritage conservation and promotion matters and to undertake and provide support for such activities that benefit and provide for the advancement of heritage within Bowen Island Municipality.
The commission meets approximately three times a year in the evening, usually on Thursdays. Members are expected to prepare for meeting discussion by reading the agenda package material in advance.
- Melissa Harrison, Co-Chair, Bowen Island Heritage Preservation Association (alumnus)
- Peter Vaisbord, Bowen Island Heritage Preservation Association (alumnus)
- Helen Wallwork, Bowen Island Heritage Preservation Association
- Councillor Alex Jurgenson
- Drew Bakken, Planner 1, Staff Liaison
To contact the Heritage Commission please email: HC@bimbc.ca.
- Bowen Island Community Heritage Register
- BIM Webpage: Heritage on Bowen
- City of North Vancouver, Heritage Pages with Link to 2013 Heritage Register
- District of West Vancouver, Heritage Register
2019 Strategic Planning Workshop (August 29, 2019)
- Workshop Agenda
- Staff Presentation
- Work Plan Phase 1 Booklet
- Donald Luxton, Heritage Consultant Presentation